Sunday, September 10, 2006

Video from Cape Coast!

I uploaded some video from the Cape Coast parade to YouTube.com.

I'm going to try to embed it in the blog here:



But if that doesn't work, or if you want to see a bigger version of the video, you can go to YouTube and watch it here.

I took three videos in total, each only 10 or 20 seconds long (so I'd still have room on my camera for photos!). This one is just a general crowd scene. We were astonished at how many people could squeeze into the street below, singing and dancing. Unfortunately my camera didn't pick up any audio. I wish you all could have heard the drumming and singing that accompanied the scene.

We stood on a second-floor balcony above the street to watch the parade, for which I was VERY grateful after the street filled with this many people!

Stay tuned -- more video to come later this week, if this works out.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, September 10, 2006 5:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was the scene for three hours.

Jason

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 4:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! So many people. It makes you realize what a ghost town Winnipeg is.

Last night, we went to Kaj's mayoral fundraiser and drank lots of champagne. Much fun was had by all.

Today, I am going to yoga with my NEW yoga partner - Tamara! Yes Wendy, you have been replaced! Mwahaha.

No, seriously, we do miss you both. We have not played Halo since you left. :(

-Danishka

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 4:45:00 PM, Blogger Wendy Sawatzky said...

Replaced! Egads! Are you still going to Yoga on Corydon?

I have started a yoga regime here but am finding it challenging as I have no yoga mat, and the tile floor becomes slippery very quickly when one perspires, which happens after about three minutes of yoga in this heat.

All yoga is hot yoga here, it appears.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home