Monday, August 28, 2006

What's that sound? Why, it's Wendy, tooting her own horn.

In the rush and confusion of preparing to leave, I forgot to mention to some of you that a feature website I worked on for CBC has been nominated for a Gemini award.

It was the "Colour of Our Skin" website about race and racism in Winnipeg. It is pretty interesting, if I do say so myself, including maps outlining racial diversity of Winnipeg neighbourhoods, a timeline of race in the city, the results of a Probe poll on Winnipeggers' attitudes and also a lot of feature stories.

This particular Gemini is a "people's choice" type of award, so here's the obligatory mention of the website where you can vote for us.

You can find more about the award and the (many) other sites that are in the running by clicking here.

And just so you know, you can vote once a day, in case you feel like trying to stack the votes in our favour. :)

If we win, I don't think they will fly me home for a star-studded awards ceremony. But perhaps I'll get to give one of those "by satellite" acceptance speeches. I better get to gown shopping, ha ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home