Crisis in Ghana!
Because of the lack of rain this rainy season, water levels are down. This has resulted in a power crisis. Most of Ghana’s electricity is hydro-electric.
As a result the government is instituting a rationing program. Rolling blackouts across the country for the next month to month and a half.
Here in Accra we can expect to lose twelve hours of electricity every four days, alternating between the a.m. and p.m. We don’t know when our first black out will be, but that we were told a schedule seems pretty spectacular, (see my experience with the laptop).
With no power I guess we’ll have to make an extra effort to see that the beer doesn’t get warm.


1 Comments:
I'm glad to see you two haven't lost your sense of priorities. I think thermos like materials might be the way to go with keeping the beer cold. Good luck!
Shannon
Post a Comment
<< Home